Monday, August 25, 2008

For the Love of Jesus...

I love Thee because Thou has first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree.
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.


LOVE OF JESUS

They say, Love is a Game. or some people also say, Love Hurts..

We say, we love Jesus. But sometimes we also play a Love-Game with Jesus. We know He loves us, yet we don't always love Him back all the time. We stop short, because we also love the world and we love to play the game... we make it so hard for Jesus to love us. We walk away. We sin. We turn away.

And when things don't go well, we hurt, and we close up. Now the Love of Jesus then bounces off our hardened exteriors - and at the same time, we hurt inside, lamenting that we don't see God around, that we are hurt, that we are in pain.

We are funny creatures.

And I say this because I play the love-game too. I love Jesus... sometimes... I love myself... more. It's sometimes so hard to grasp what is that AGAPE LOVE (Godly Love) that we as christians are called to live. That life of love, giving, service, other-mindedness, care, concern for others... and ultimate sacrifice of our lives for our lover... JESUS...

How do we understand this?

It's not easy. Only when we have experienced that First Love, that "connection" with Jesus.

How? We need to search for it. Can You See God in everything you do? Can you find God's Love as the fuel that motivates your every action?

Let us journey together to find this everlasting love... this wonderful love that we can only find in Jesus alone.

Read a cool article here: http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001607.cfm

No comments: