Monday, April 20, 2009

A wonderful YAM core team mtg!

Yesterday finally after a long time of serving and doings in church, week in and week out, our youth core team at YAM got together to have dinner at botak jones, then we proceeded to visit Sury's new house, where we shared and catched up with each other and prayed for each other as well as our members. This really got me settled, despite so much work to be done for all the things i've committed to, i know that I don't have to be stressed, and can trust in God.

Just over the last week, I finally did the long awaited major spring (or rather, summer) cleaning of all YAM's files from 2001 to today... (can't believe i'm such a karang-guni). I had kept all the minutes, articles that i've printed and read from the internet, and all those camps programme plans, leaflets, and even brochures of other church's events etc. YES >> KARANG GUNI! And so I threw away half of them, and successfully implanted the other half at SURY's house... there are 2 large bags of them (worth about 6-8 files i think!)

It feels kinda like a lightening of my load, but unfortunately, our dear bro Sury has the task now of going through all of those notes, our YAM history, to see what he wanna absorb and retain... if not, the rest are just paper anyway.. Well, i think it's now time for us to move on and craft a new future ahead!

And so, in the spring cleaning process, it was a major journey for me down memory lane, as I remembered all the planning we did for our camps in 2001, 2002, 2003, etc... I wonder, i was in Uni year 1 then, all the way till now, how did I manage to stick on man! And while some people lament that at 19 years old, they are still "to young" to take on leadership, I just cackle at the thought,... since I joined and started already in that place. It was tough, and I had to learn through being in it right from the start. So... I just wonder, why complain? If you serve, serve God with all your heart... be radical, be bold... you are an instrument of God... (and I recall former years, my prayer to God was simply, make me more confident, coz i was not!)

Through reflecting on my journey "through the years", I can also see, on hindsight, how much growth I've been through. God really brings us through our ups and downs, and in a community, in YAM, there are friends to share the journey. When I am up, I am able to comfort someone who is down, and when I feel down, there is someone to push me on... That is really comforting, no one has to seek God alone. Our journey is made in a community!

Yesterday as we prayed, we had many words/messages for each other. I still feel the 'high' of it today. And i believe it is the same for everyone there as well. Krish, Gav, Jane, Mar, Jac, Sury and me.

The word for me was that if I would lift up my prayers to God with a pure heart and intention, God will see it through. It will be done. Just like Solomon. Read "The Prayer of Solomon" Interestingly, did you know my parents had wanted to name me "solomon" if i came out a boy? lucky i got Samantha though.. whahaahah! And so, I will hold fast to this message, and wait and see. I will seriously wait and see and pray hard upon this...

So the overall message for this post is -- God has great things in store for us! Let us pray, abide in Him, trust in Him, and walk in His ways and He will see us through and lift us up and walk before us each step of the way!

God bless YOU! Jesus is risen!

No comments: