Thursday, June 28, 2007

Song by Natalie Grant "HELD"

Song by Natalie Grant "HELD" lyrics

This is sooo touching. I think back to our mothers -- my mother, who prayed for me when I was born. Think of how much our mothers (and fathers) cared for us.. how much they loved us and took joy at our birth...

Hearing this song (I can share the mp3 if anyone wants..or listen here) I thought back of my mother... and I must say, I NEVER Thought about this before. When I was born I was premature 2 months. So I was a 7-month old baby.. no bigger than your forearm!! So from what I heard and saw in the photographs of myself,.. I had to be fed through a tube through my nose instead of mouth... and my mum stayed in the hospital for most of that month after... instead of going thru the typical chinese post-pregnancy care regime. So... I never reflected much on this before.. my mother's love ever since I was born. And that my life is a miracle. I survived!

---------------------------------------------------------

As for the song.. it makes me think what does it feel like to be held? What is it to be loved? That people are so much in need of that. Everyone needs some loving sometimes, and it's always nice to give and also be on the receiving end of something as simple as... a hug!

Read Foxnews article: A hug a day could save your life
View the original Free Hugs Campaign by Juan Mann
View The Gao Brothers' World Hug Day



In the forum above, it says, 777 is a Hug the World day. Well, 7.7.7. here in Singapore is also the Archdiocese Youth Day for all catholics in Singapore, organised by CAYC (Catholic Archdiocesan Youth Centre) at the EXPO.

So it's gonna be one big HUG for us with God.. at the Expo!!!

No comments: