Saturday, July 14, 2007

Elena's Birthday Thoughts.. I LOVE You, Daddy!!!

I was very happy last week. It was my birthday!! Yippee!! Before that, I was going through tough times at work and my morale has been really low. Everyone got his bonus and I was the only person at admin level who didn't get a single cent. It was an insult to me as only staff who literally slept in the office would flunk their appraisal. Well, I work and am put down by my supervisor like a dog but they think I am lazing like a pig from the way she appraised me. I guess I was having identity crisis: pig or dog?? Haha.....

However, God still never fails. I gain friendship out of the trials. Some of my colleagues touched me with their words and action. They understood that it was tough for me to swallow such injustice. They even went to the extent of throwing birthday surprises by giving me treats suddenly. One of my colleagues suddenly opened the fridge in my office and showed me a slice of cake meant for me before I went on leave. I was very touched and couldn't say anything to express my gratitude towards them They even offered me listening ears. I am also very blessed to have my best friend who never fails to spend time with me on my birthday yearly. It is not how expensive the meals or presents are but the thoughts. They are God's blessings to me. I feel that I am never alone. No words could ever express the immense love that God has for me. This love of His has been manifested through these people around me.

In fact, I am still feeling very happy til now. Hurray!! God even granted me one of my birthday wishes the day after my birthday. I LOVE You, Daddy!!! As to what this wish was, it's a secret between Daddy and me.....No matter what, God never fails to love. Everything and everyone around us are treasures from God. Challenges and failures and people we may dislike help us to look deeper into ourselves and push us out of our comfort zones to grow and expand our horizon while all other goodness and people are God's blessings and gifts to us. So, all things and people do not come into our lives coincidentally. They are blessings to us in one way or another. One thing we may remind ourselves is whether we choose to look at the dark clouds or the sun behind the dark clouds. Though the sun may be blocked by the dark clouds, it is up to us to seek the light and we can never deny that the existence of the sun is ALWAYS there. We must always carry this glimmer of hope within us which is enough for us to overcome all challenges with God's omnipotent LOVE and GRACE! Amen! :)

With Christ Love,
Elena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whao....
Amen to this !!!

-Audrey