Monday, July 13, 2009

Watch My Back

Hi all,

Got this from a friend and thought I'd share with you.

Leo.


------

He summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over unclean spirits. – Mark 6:7

Ray Keller once asked a man who just completed his second tour of duty from the Iraq war, "What was the most important thing you learned from the war?" The soldier's response was quick. "Well, Mr. Keller, I learned that it is better to be in a team than to be alone."

The man explained that while in Iraq, they would walk around and survey the area. They would have a certain formation such that he would focus on looking ahead while his partner would watch his back. He in turn would watch the back of the one in front of him. His commander explained to him that loners have no place in the war. He would need to work well in a team
to survive.

While we are encouraged to spend time being alone with God, we need the help of partners who would "watch our backs" — whether they be your spouse, your cell group mates, your mentor, your godly friend…. We need them if we are to win our daily battles.

It would be good to recognize your teammates and partners and thank God for them!

REFLECTION:
Am I a good partner? Am I a good team player? Have I thanked the people who have helped me?

PRAYER:
Lord Jesus, thank You for all the people in my life, especially those "who watched my back" in the past and those who are my present partners in the different aspects of my life. May You bless them abundantly. Amen.

No comments: