Friday, August 14, 2009

Find your true North

Excerpt from Vanessa's blog (with permission): I was at a sharing on Tuesday night, worship and talk both led by Bob Fitts himself. Now that’s a remarkable and yet humble man whose love for God shines through his actions. I’m not being judgemental or what, but it’s just that it shines through..

The first part: 1st peter 2:9
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Worship is not just for musicians. I’d say, Amen to that! I am sure it’s also for the ushers, the photographers, the cleaners who clean up before and after sessions, the admins..endless list. We are all called to his purpose. We are all made to worship. We were made for his glory, and to glorify him. Some people go about at some point of their lives asking whats life all about, feeling lost without direction, some not being sure what they are called to do. Some wonder what their gifts are or how can they ever figure out how to serve. Many always associate that worship is just for the musicians and the singers. Coming week in and week out to listen and receive Christ, itself is, worship. Isn’t that wonderful? It’s not that we shouldn’t care too much about our calling, it’s just that…

When you find your destiny in Christ, your life starts blossoming for what you were made to do..
“delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart” psalm 37:4
Find your identity in loving God… because, we are called to worship God. \

I AM CALLED TO WORSHIP GOD.

1st Cor 2:9
9but just as it is written,
“(S)THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD,
AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN,
ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.”


Quit worrying about if you can play, or what your gift is. A man’s gift makes room for itself. [this got me thinking about my horrible guitar playing skills and worrying when I play for worship]

Isnt this like psalm 23:4? ‘…he prepares a table for me before my enemies” He has prepared a banquet, a celebration and awesome ending for you *. That all thigns work for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28).

So find your true north. Come back to your first love. (Revelations 2:1-7). We sometimes lose sight of our first love when we get caught up with the worries that life brings us. He has plans for you. Find your destiny in Christ. You will find your calling, and your gifts laid out for you. All you need to do is rest and relax in Him. Knowing that in Him all things are possible.

~~~
As I write this over a few days worth of reflection, I am deeply troubled by the turn of events and the things unseen. Yet, I am certain that there is a bigger plan. I am also certain that He is with me even through the most hurtful moments. Jesus you are my true north, may I find my destiny in you. Amen.

No comments: